Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspiration Monday 1

Hi guys! So happy monday! I know I have not posted in FOREVER, but I have been reading. It is finals week here, and I have been trying to focus on my work....instead, I have been reading blogs. While reading I came across Inspiration Mondays and I LOVED the idea! First it will help me with inspiration since I have not thrifted in a while (hopefully this weekend!)

Basically every Monday two birds  posts a picture that is supposed to inspire an outfit. So I decided to give it a shot.
Here is the original image:

As tempted as I was to throw on some basket ball shorts and a t-shirt, I decided to let Heidi Klum be the inspiration. I decided that I would pull the skinnies, stripes and loose fit top as my focuses in this outfit.

Here is what I came up with:

Without the inspiration, I would have NEVER put this outfit together...just jeans and a top, its not rocket science Janet....I know, I know. I really like the look, I love the neckline and pattern of this top, but I worred that it made me look bigger because it has no structure, but this belt is perfect for that! (remember I was looking for something to go with this belt back in my post: What to do??) I prefer the look without the scarf, but it went with the inspiration. 

Skinny Jeans ($3) thrifted
Belt ($1) thrifted
Top (around $3) Old Navy
Scarf (around $5) Target 

Yay for my first Inspiration Monday! (and Sorry for my messy room!) 
PS. My friend Jade is coming this weekend, and she was the first person that got me into thrifting, so we will probably be shopping, so more outfits soon! 

xoxo thrifters
Janet

1 comment:

  1. love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

    ReplyDelete