Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pretty in Purple

So one thing you will learn relatively quickly is that I am in a Sorority, and a Fraternity. I know what you are thinking..."what?? frat?? but you are a girl....or are you?? ahhhh I'm confused." Well I can assure you I am indeed a girl, but I am in a social greek organization and Alpha Phi Omega, national service fraternity.

However this outfit is inspired by my sorority. Our main color is violet. So anytime I see something purple in the racks, I am instantly drawn to it. 


Jeans: $5 (Last Chance Thrift store) 
Top $3 (Thrifted) 
Sweater $3 (KMart) 
Belt $0.50 (Last Chance) 
Total: $11.50

I got the purple top from a Thrift store my friend Jade introduced me to (I can't remember the name) but I almost did not buy this top. I thought it looked like I had curtains on my boobs.  She convinced me to get it, and now I LOVE it. It is so versatile, dress it up or down. 
The Jeans are from a thrift store called Last Chance and were pratically new, dark wash, wide leg for half off! On that same shopping spree I bought this purple belt ($0.50!!) I did not know what I would wear it with, but it matched the top PERFECTLY!
The sweater was a clearance rack find from Kmart....another thing you will learn, is I LOVE black sweaters, I have many....so I have taken to identifying them by political party. :p this is my" independent" sweater, classic (like consevatives) but the sequin pockets are more daring (liberal) 

Details
my "independent" sweater




Accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment